IMPORTANT DATES*: Here is a listing of important dates this May.
1. Payment of $25.00 fees. All fees are non-refundable and should be paid online by visitinghttp://www.atlantapublicschools.us/inman (select “Pay School Fees Online” from the list on the left, then select “8thGrade Dues”). Fees may also be paid by cash, money order, or cashier’s check only. No personal checks will be accepted.
2. Deadline for all 8th grade fees – Friday May 3, 2013
3. Field Day (various competitions and activities) – Monday May 20, 2013
4. Eighth Grade Dance – Friday May 17, 2013 (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
5. Piedmont Park Scavenger Hunt and Picnic – Tuesday May 21, 2013
6. Awards and Celebration Day Program – Wednesday May 22, 2013 –11:00 a.m. at Inman Middle School. Only TWO tickets will be issued to each student participating in the program. Breakfast will be provided to all 8thgrade students and staff prior to the celebration.
*All activities, dates, and times may be subject to change.Library book returns All library books need to be returned to the Media Center by May 15th. If books are lost, the replacement price should be paid by cash or money order to the Media Specialist. Students will receive notices the first of the week with that information. If the student has overdue books and is an 8th grader, they must take care of those books before participating in any end of the year activities. Thank you for your support of our school.
More 8th grade news - DUAL ENROLLMENT
The Georgia Department of Education has charged counselors with notifying all students (grades 8 – 11) and parents of dual enrollment options. Click the links below for some helpful information regarding "Move On When Ready/Dual Enrollment":Move On When Ready Flyer
Dual Enrollment Flyer
College Credit Now Info
Grady High School G3 Robotics Team - Open House Tuesday, April 23, 6:00 pm, following the Grady Campus Tour, Grady Cafeteria - The award-winning Grady Gearbox Gangstaz Robotics Team is hosting an Open House. As the team gears up for an ambitious next year, we are inviting interested incoming and current Grady students and their parents to attend this introductory meeting. Student leaders and Coach Nichols will highlight key features of the Robotics Team and outline commitment requirements. They will also present information about our FIRST and BEST competitions and other related events. The parent-run booster club, Grady Robotics & STEM Alliance, will outline the May election of next year's officers and their duties, our expenses and revenues, and our fundraising plans for the 2013-14 school year. Parent involvement is critical for the success of the team, and we expect a busy summer ahead. Sign up to attend or to receive more information about the G3 Robotics Team here: http://tinyurl.com/aqomavc We hope you can join us! Questions? Contact Coach Andrew Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or Booster President Wendy Kavanagh at email@example.com.